Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dear Football...

Why do I love thee so? Why do I invest my heart and time into you? You don't love me back. You invest nothing into me. You just take...take...take. Oh, Football.

This last Sunday, Football, you crossed the line. For the second straight week you felt it necessary to send my Packers into overtime against a middle of the road team. And for the second straight week, you broke my heart. Three losses in four weeks? It is beginning to get very difficult to trust you, Football.

On top of giving a 3-3 start to the Packers, you have been destroying my favorite football team with injuries. Why would you send 4 starters to the depths of the Injured Reserve list in the first 5 weeks? What did Nick Barnett, Ryan Grant, Jermichael Finley and Morgan Burnett do to you? Why give Aaron Rodgers a concussion? Why tweak at Clay Matthews' hamstring? They have done nothing but give 100% of their life to you. Football, you are starting to piss me off.



As if ruining the Packers' season wasn't enough for you. You just had to take it one step further and start harassing my Fantasy Football teams. It wasn't bad enough that I have two teams at 2-4. You even decided to deliver injuries to BOTH of the starting WRs on my team with a 4-2 record: Malcom Floyd and DeSean Jackson. The latter of whom could be affected for the rest of his life. I invest so much love, time, and passion into you Football. When will I see some love in return? Football, I am angry.

Will I quit on you? No. Will I give up hope? No. I stuck with you through the tough 2005 and 2008 Green Bay seasons where you gave my beloved Packers a combined 8-22 record. I have stuck with you despite the curse you have placed on me in Fantasy Football and the subsequently difficult seasons I have experienced over the last few years. Truthfully, I can't see myself without you every Fall. Sure I can forget about you in Spring during March Madness and Summer when I am running about town. But Fall? Winter? I will always be with you.

Football, you have a chance to do something right! It's only Week 6. You don't have to torment me for the next 14 weeks. You can be better. You can give more to the Packers and take less. You can give breakout seasons to the NFL players on my Fantasy Football rosters. You can prevent the Packers from getting utterly destroyed at the new (DVD Rack) Meadowlands Stadium when 16 of my Packer-supporting friends join me to cheer for our team on Halloween afternoon. You can give me something back!

Dear Football,
I will always love you. But right now, you are really pissing me off.

UPDATE (10/26 - 10:48am): While the below photo was meant to show my anger at you Football, you showed signs of compassion on Sunday night. Feel free to continue that trend through the cold of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment